Thursday, April 20, 2017

Clip-Art Creator Interview: Saroum V Giroux




Saroum V Giroux

               Clip-Art Creator Interview: Saroum V Giroux



 https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Clip-Art-Students-2809011




1. Could you tell us a little bit about your art background?

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Oh-Summer-Clip-Art-Digital-Papers-2797148I've been drawing since I was pretty young. Probably 10 years old. I started taking art classes in high school and just loved it. It was only until my senior year of high school that I realized I knew how to paint. I went to San Diego State University and graduated with an art degree, with an emphasis in painting. I taught drawing classes for elementary kids for about a year . I then ventured off into a photography and graphic design business and have been a freelance artist for the last five years. Art is a big part of my life as I am now currently homeschooling my two elementary kids incorporating as much creative learning as possible. I also have a real estate investment business with my husband.  In flipping homes with my husband, I am able to utilize my art and design experiences to help home design and decor.



2. Do you have any tips for TPT sellers (who use clip art) or clip-artists?

For TPT sellers, I highly suggest using quality clip art and for clip artists, I recommend avoiding comparing your work with others. Do not judge your starting line with someone else's finish line.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Letter-A-Clip-Art-Set-3083277


3. What is your favorite subject matter to work with when it comes to your clip-art?

So far I love creating alphabet and number clip art with specific themes.


4. Do you take requests? 

Yes, I love working on ideas and collaborating with others. I have so many ideas in my sketchbook and hope I can make them come alive!

5. Do you have any related websites to share?

Yes, I have my website which has my blog, portfolio and shop that is related to my clip art work as well as my art and photography work and projects. Check it out at www.artbysaroum.com and I just launched my shop. So hope you have fun browsing.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spooktacular-Alphabet-Bundle-2814109​

6. What do you hope to accomplish with your clip-art?

I hope that I'll be able to create a large portfolio of clip art work and continue to grow as an illustrator. And along this journey, I hope to have meet others that support my work, in turn, having a community of artists and art lovers.

7. If you made a million dollars off your clip-art, how would you spend it? 

If I made a million dollars off my clip art, I'll probably scream at first. I'll love to invest some of the money in real estate and then do what I've always wanted to do and that is sponsor a child in each continent of the world!  I'll also love to start a non-profit to help children by creating a camp that nurtures a love for art and nature.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rain-Rain-Go-Away-Clip-Art-Digital-Papers-2797143​



















No comments:

Post a Comment