Sunday, May 28, 2017

Clip-Art Creator Interview: The Cher Room








The Cher Room


               Clip-Art Creator Interview: The Cher Room


Displaying image3.JPG

1. Could you tell us a little bit about your art background?
I've got no art background at all!
I have been a science and math person all my life. I wanted so much to draw, such that I attended drawing classes for many years when I was a kid. I guess the lack of achievement from those classes tells a lot of my 'talent'.


 2. What is your favorite subject matter to work with when it comes to your clip-art


Science of course!  


3. How did you get into creating clip-art?


I was doing IT support a couple of years ago for my teaching school, and there was this event where the organizers wanted an animated background on the scene. I actually created the scenes by drawing and animating the scenes on Powerpoint. 
I then started to use Powerpoint to create diagrams and pictures for my lessons, rather than taking them from publishers' image bank, which mostly don't satisfy all my needs. Then Powerpoint couldn't satisfy me anymore, and I moved on to Inkscape.



4. What do you enjoy most about making clip-art?
I liked how I can create diagrams that are accurately correct, and also incorrect in whatever way I wanted to teach misconceptions!

  

5. Do you have any tips for TPT sellers (who use clip art) or clip-artists?

Stay true to what you can do best, not what that is selling well. I am still struggling with that today, but I remember making sets similar to what other sellers had that sold like hot cakes, and I regretted them so much. They looked horrible, and they are not selling.


image2.JPG



6.What is your favorite clip-art set you've created and why?
Human Reproduction set. This set was improved again and again across a period of one year, and I think its current look deserved my favoritism.

7. Tell us about your best-selling clip-art set.

A set on Energy that was recently revamped, covering all aspects: Types of energy, sources of energy, generation of energy and so on.



image1.JPG
 


8.  Which clip-art set was the most challenging?

My career sets! People are so difficult to draw!


 9.  Do you take requests?

Yes! In fact, all my sets lately are requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment